The church was built on the orders of the Bishop of Leon on 29 July, 1624. Saint Pabu was initially a commune and then became a parish in 1790.
The date of construction of this panelled church, built in the shape of a Latin cross, is visible in the tympanum of the western portal. The wings of the transept are rounded and the chancel has rounded corners. Wooden panels with fluted pilasters cover the walls of the choir area. An embedded christening font bears the arms of Kergadou. The church windows from the Lobin workshop date from 1885.